Sunday, February 1, 2009

Dead Air: Radio not immune

I got this great email from one of my fellow Trojans. She's a radio gal and one of her other radio friends sent her a message, a message which she then sent to us via our Google group email.

In a roundabout way she encouraged us to "converge" on a certain online video that her friend had a hand in producing in the hopes of bumping up page hits (Oh, those page hits: In a digital world they're basically quantitative validation that your work counts and that people are listening, reading, watching....but as "valuable" as they are these days, it never ceases to amaze me that no one really knows their qualitative value. But, I digress.)

My fellow Trojan ended the email with these words: "Those of you who were thinking of continuing radio careers in L.A... get in line...or get a brilliant plan!"

1 comment:

  1. I also got this email Amber. But what really struck me about the video was my reaction to seeing those fabulous radio personalities, that I've gotten to know through NPR, online. Yes, it is sad to see Alex and Madeline go ... but as I implied in my comment, which I posted online ... who knows ... this posting may be the beginning of their new careers in multimedia journalism!

    ReplyDelete