Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Yes, it is the end of the newspaper world as we know it

Chalk it up to mental fatigue, or weakness, or deliriousness, or just a reality check; but I give up.

I have a prediction that I think is spot on: Newspapers will all die by 2012.

There is no hope.

It's a done deal.

And quite honestly, I'm tired of talking about saving them.

Journalism however will survive.

And honestly, isn't that all that really matters?

OK, so maybe some of my favorite journalists and editors -- some of the most talented people I know from publications that I totally respect -- may not be able to eat off of their talents.

Well, it's time to evolve.

And excuse me for sounding snarky, but that's what's supposed to happen: people, things, concepts, animals change/evolve/move-on or they die.

It's time we face the music and just deal with it.

....did that count as a blog post? Well, if not, I'll count it as therapy. I had to get that out.

1 comment:

  1. i'm totally with you on this one. I'm so tired of hearing people whine (even though I'm still depressed, angry and sad at times with this whole thing). But we have to evolve, and whining doesn't get us there any sooner

    ReplyDelete