Saturday, March 28, 2009

New Blood, New Life, New Media: The Youth Are Speaking



Didn't I tell y'all that journalism will find a way to survive?

Case in point: YouthRadio.org

Here, young people -- tweens, teens and twenty-somethings -- are finding their voice and broadcasting it online.

They pitch stories to National Public Radio and sometimes they get on.

But honestly, isn't viral more vital for the future?
In it's recently released The State of the News Media annual report on American Journalism, the Pew Project for Excellence in Journalism calls audio "well suited to the digital transition."

Covering stories that I don't think anyone but they could cover correctly -- from police shootings in Oakland, to black market junk food at schools with healthy food policies -- the youth are speaking.

Thank God.

1 comment:

  1. Amber, this is my third attempt to contact you via comments (as you do not have an email address on your blogger profile, this is my only point of contact at the moment.) Your blog is currently infringing on my Service Mark filed in October 2008. I ask that you take down all references to "Nossip" on your blog immediately or I will be forced to pursue further action. If you have any questions, please email me at lauren@thenossip.com.

    ReplyDelete